1. Take a winter stroll through Nine Mile
If you wait until the morning after a big snowfall, you’ll be blown away by how beautiful it is in there.
2. Attend an event at the Grand Theater
Maybe it’s time you saw the Nutcracker?
3. Go on a sleigh ride at Willow Springs Garden
4. Bookstore Scavenger Hunt!
Head over to Barnes & Noble, grab some coffee or hot chocolate from the Starbucks inside and have a fun little scavenger hunt together! Here are some ideas:
- Cookbook Section: Find a recipe that you can cook together on a future date
- Children’s Book Section: Find that one children’s book that you loved or brings back memories
- Travel Section: Find a travel guide about a place you’d both like to travel to together
- Magazine Section: Find a relationship quiz that you can take together
Want more scavenger hunt ideas? Comment below if you’d like me to make a separate blog post on this one!
5. Wander through the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Play the game where you look at one wall at a time and then both of you have to choose your favorite painting on it.
6. Play a board game in a coffee shop
On our second date, Sean and I went to the old Vino Latte on Grand and played a board game while sipping on hot chocolate.
7. Have wine at the ski chalet while watching the skiers come down the hill
We also did this on our second date (it was a damn good date).
8. Cozy up next to the fireplace together
Try to resist Netflix and instead, maybe accompany it with a card game or crossword puzzle. Don’t have a fireplace, you say? Here are some places that do: 2510, Granite Peak Ski Chalet, Vino Latte Wausau.
9. Listen to live music or trivia at the Great Dane
Order a few apps, cuddle into a booth together, and listen to trivia or live music.
10. Drive out into the country to stargaze
You might need to bundle up for this one but well worth it, I assure you.
11. Ice skating at the 400 Block
Go in the evening so you can see the pretty Christmas lights everywhere.
12. Go sledding/tubing at Sylvan Hill
This years season is from December 16, 2017 to March 4, 2018. (weather and snow conditions permitting).
13. Bake some Christmas cookies and decorate them together
Here are a few recipes from Betty Crocker to get you started.
14. Double date game night
Grab your favorite couple and break out the game boards.
15. Movie night at Cedar Creek Cinema
It’s only $5 on Tuesdays AND they have Dream Loungers now.
16. Get dressed up and have a cocktail at Pinewood Supper Club.
It’s fun being fancy sometimes.
17. Make a fort
You’re never too old.
18. Peruse an antique store (I personally like River District) and find a new vintage ornament to hang this year.
It will forever have meaning and remind you of this date!
19. Go to Bethesda (or any thrift shop in town) and pick out ugly Christmas sweaters for each other
Then wear them on your next date.
20. Hop in the car and drive around looking at Christmas lights
While listening to Christmas music, of course.